Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Gentle Charm of the Soviette - The Henry Clay People (Lyrics)

Below are the lyrics to "The Gentle Charm of the Soviette" by The Henry Clay People
*These lyrics were transcribed and hold no guarantee of accuracy

And we were licking the spit off the dinner plates
While the chill (unknown lyric) chewing through their cage
And we were hoping for some miracle absurdity change
Like the dark (unknown lyric) of everything

You slipped away for a cigarette
We’ll pack our bags and we’ll head out west
We’ll tell my second wife about a Russian threat
She was the love of my long life
I held her hand and watched her die
In her sleep
The gentle charm of the soviette
Held out her arms and let me in
And we were searching for solutions half the time
The other half was keeping us alive
And if you should have only to survive
Oh we can tell my story to a child
Well you see
I never felt the need to breed
One million orphan mouths to feed
What a waste of a legacy
What wasted legacy
On every dirty city street
Where the (unknown lyric) to speak
Some day some manically trained youth
Will carve out our hearts to find some truth
Until then I’m not sure what to do
Until then

He don’t sleep and he’s asking of (unknown lyric) glass
Shattered soul of the working class
But (unknown lyrics)

No comments: